Monday, February 3, 2014

8 Things I Will Actually do on this Snow Day

This morning my friend Star blogged a list of 10 things to do in the snow that don't include technology, a guest post written by our friend Elizabeth. The list included awesome things like write something, play in the snow, practice an instrument, or play a board game. I really appreciate this list, because I always have the best intentions when it comes to maximizing my snow days, really I do. I'm always like, I'm going to get up at a decent time and GET STUFF DONE.

But somehow there is always a reality that my day is not spent doing any of those things.

Therefore, I present my list of what I will actually do this millionth snow day of 2014.

1. Try to work from home. I'm currently in the middle of creating a show to premiere at Cherry Crest this summer, something farm-related and fun for kids that we can use year after year (as opposed to specifically dealing with the maze theme, which changes every year). I came up with this idea to do a mystery, where something gets stolen from the barn, and the farm animals have to solve the mystery, and figure out the clues.... it sounded SO GOOD in my head.

2. Watch New Girl. Ashley got me hooked. So thanks for that.

3. Stare wistfully out the window while the snow falls steadily, mocking me. The snowflakes are probably singing a joyful chorus... "We can't stop, and we won't stop."


4. Indulge Christy by standing on the porch to take a picture in the snow. Take note of my enthusiasm. The picture does not do my face justice. I was making an awful grimace. At least, it felt that way. On my face.


5. Browse Facebook. A lot. As much as I'm trying to stay off it.

6. Obsessively refresh the Submissions Only website. Their reformatted website launched this morning, apparently, which I discovered when I clicked on it at 7:30 this morning, in hopes that they had announced when season 3 would air. No dice. But since they redid the website, that means a big announcement must be coming soon, right? RIGHT?!

7. Wear sweatpants and my bunny slippers all day. Because why not??

Partway through writing this post, I helped my dad scrape off our cars, and in the process, he informed me that this is perfect snowman-making snow. My whole outlook on the day changed. The result:

8. Build Eva, the Mysterious Alien Snow-woman

Needless to say, I'm tired of the snow, really I am. But it's not a bad day at all. And regardless of whether you do awesome things from Elizabeth's list, or the lazy-person things from my list, enjoy the day that we've been given!

No comments:

Post a Comment