Tuesday, September 24, 2013

4 Reasons Why ALL Birthdays are Worth Celebrating

I love birthdays. I love my birthday, I love my family's birthdays, I love my friends' birthdays.... I love them all. I seriously don't believe there's any reason to hate birthdays. Here are four great reasons why:

1. Ice Cream and Cake. Or even better.... ICE CREAM CAKE!! If you don't like cake, you could have birthday pie, or birthday cupcakes, or birthday cheesecake, or birthday apple crisp, SO many possibilities.


2. Presents. I don't really know anyone who doesn't like presents. Even if the present is something boring like a household item, or something you're going to end up using to help someone else, it still counts as a present. It's still awesome. 

3. Wishes. Don't tell me you've never secretly wished for something! I know it may seem silly to still expect birthday wishes to actually come true, but there's still something magical about them. I don't often see shooting stars or remember to look at the clock at 11:11, but I always make a birthday wish when I blow out the candles on my cake. And whether or not it comes true, I'll make one again next year. 


4. Celebrating YOU. Even if you hate birthdays because it reminds you of how old or young you are, and you don't want to think about that, your birthday is a great time to just celebrate YOU. Celebrate your life! Celebrate that you are awesome human being who is worth it! Celebrate your quirks and your unique traits! I try to think of other people first on the other 364 days of the year, but on my birthday, I'm going to dish myself a big piece of cake first, because it's my day.

1 comment:

  1. Love your writings, Liesl! And I wish you a very happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete