Saturday, February 23, 2013

Perfection

I came across this blog post this morning (I'm literally not even sure how I found it.... I followed a trail all over the internet before I came to this one) and couldn't resist sharing part of it. Such a good reminder for everyone that sometimes what the world (or even other Christians) deems perfect does not always line up with what our Father says about being like Him.

My God says He looks at my heart and that He loves me sacrificially, and Paul begs of us to be perfect in this way that our Father is PERFECT. (Matthew 5:48, I Samuel 16:7, John 15:13, & Matthew 23:13-28)

Have you missed this? Have you missed what the God of the Universe has deemed as PERFECT?

Perfect is sacrificial love, not shifting blame for a selfishness that ravages through the souls of men, urging them to take take take.

Perfect is knowing we are all sons and daughters, made in the image of God, redeemed and restored and spotless before Him.

Perfect is looking at one another's hearts, and knowing that the outward appearance shows NOTHING of their character, their value, their salvation.

Perfect is living in the freedom that Christ died for. Not under a higher, more impossible list of standards that is so impossibly human it could not have come from our Lover. (Isaiah 28:10)

The rest of the post (which you can read here) is very raw and honest, but thought-provoking. Lauren Dubinsky runs the Good Woman Project blog and a personal blog, laurennicolelove.

No comments:

Post a Comment