Saturday, March 2, 2013

Things that go *bump* in the night

I had a nightmare last night.
The hair-raising-scream-at-the-top-of-your-lungs-cower-in-the-corner kind.
I don't think I have ever been filled with so much terror in my entire life.

It's a terribly helpless feeling. To know deep down inside that it's not real, that something isn't actually breaking into your room. But at the same time, not being able to do anything except scream for someone to help you.
For some reason, Christy was still awake and down in the dining room. After hearing me repeatedly screaming something along the lines of "Somebody help me, there's someone in my room," she of course thought maybe there actually was someone in the house, and ran to get my parents. By the time she and my mom came down to my room, I was cowering in the corner of my room in the fetal position. I was awake. I knew who they were. But I was still filled with terror. I could barely speak and was shaking almost uncontrollably.

Worst feeling ever.

Don't watch scary movies before bed, kids.

1 comment:

  1. <3 God is always with you!!! (sorry, that's the lest helpful, most cheesy thing I could come up with.) but srsly. No more scary movies.

    ReplyDelete